Sharing=Caring

Salam..

I think everyone is alarmed with this quite old issue, PPSMI..So, I just want to share an experience that I have as a proof that the system does not work-well as the govt had hoped..Everything that is written here is only my OPINION ;)

My little brother, he's in Standard 4..he came to me and asked me about mathematics problem that he faced..so, I asked him to translate the question, from english to malay..He said he did not know what was the question asking for (he could not translate it word by word)..


I was quite surprise with his answer because he managed to answer other questions..then, he explained that he was helped by his teacher and friends, so that's why he can answer the questions..Laaa..ape citer neyh?

Thus, I come to a conclusion that he knows only these terms after he learned math in english for about 3.5 years: "sum, divide, multiply, subtract"..What's the point to learn in English if he does not understand the text? In exam, he always get a good grade for each subject..I wonder if he learned math in Bahasa, I think he would get a better grade..right??

Maybe you would not find this scenario in school located in city, only in 'kampung' area, I presume..Students from 'kampung' should be thankful as the PPSMI will be abolished in 2012..FullStop~
2 Responses
  1. this is my opinion:

    if i'm not mistaken,
    only 5% of all malaysian students can cope with ppsmi,
    and these 5% are very succes in their study,
    how bout others?
    which i believe, they'll be able to succeed in thier study if the learning process will be in malay.




    tpi naseb baek zaman kite dh xyah tuka bm blek..klu x, caca marba..


  2. amiir Says:

    tq for that info..